So you think a trip to Walt Disney World is one only the kids can enjoy. Well, think again! Here are a few tips for making your vacation to Mickey Mouse Land a memorable one for the whole family.
- Plan an evening or two on your own at one of Disney’s world-class restaurants. If you’re a registered guest of a Disney resort, drop off the kids at one of their child care centers for around $10 per hour, per child. They’ll be given dinner along with classic Disney movies, arts and crafts, and video games. If your child is under 4 or not potty trained, call Kid’s Nite Out at 407-827-5444 for in-room childcare. Favorite places for romance include Victoria and Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort where a 7-course meal is served on white linen covered tables set with Royal Doulton china or California Grill with its spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Consider springing for two rooms. Disney guarantees connecting rooms for families with children, thereby guaranteeing Mom and Dad some alone time.
- Enjoy a bottle of wine in your room or on your balcony. The bottled wine selections at the Disney resort shops are a bit sparse, but room service usually offers a nice selection.
- Arrange for a couples massage at the Grand Floridian Spa in a candlelit room. Or choose the 3-hour Couples Instructional Massage with step-by-step instruction in massage therapy.
- Watch the evening fireworks spectacular from a Magic Kingdom resort beach. You’ll find the most romantic spot at Disney’s Polynesian Resort where the two of you can relax in a swing or hammock on a sandy white beach.
- Take a Fireworks Cruise from one of the Magic Kingdom or Epcot resorts. Bring along a bottle of champagne, 2 glasses, and enjoy!
- Head to Pleasure Island for an evening of adult entertainment. It’s New Years every night of the week at this 6-acre playground for adults. Wall to wall clubs and a nightly street party with live entertainment and midnight fireworks make this the party-lover’s choice for nighttime entertainment.
Cara Goldsbury is the author of The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World: How to Get the Most Out of the Best Disney Has to Offer available at 800-247-6553, www.luxurydisneyguide.com, Amazon.com, or your local bookstore. Visit her at www.luxurydisneyguide.com.
Walt Disney World For Teens
Can teens really have fun at a place like Walt Disney World? Absolutely! Actually, be prepared to have the time of your life. It’s a safe place to assert some independence from your parents, a place you’ll never forget. Here are some of the best...
Adventures in Bolivia
As a graduate student, I finally had the opportunity to work on a project in southern Bolivia. Although I had spent previous summers camping alone while conducting fieldwork in remote areas, this was to be my first journey overseas, to a country...
Shearling Coat Care
Shearling coats and jackets are easy to take care of, although you do have to keep in mind a few things to avoid accidental damage to them. Here's our care guide.
If your shearling jacket gets wet, let the coat dry naturally. Don't place by...
Pretty Women Have Stayed At The Beverly Wilshire
Since it was built in 1929, The Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel has attracted rich and famous guests from around the world. To the general public the hotel is most famous for being used in the 1990 movie Pretty Woman. They have disappointed...
OHare Airport Parking
Whether your flying out of OHARE for business or leisure, we all know how parking at OHare International Airport can frustrate any human being. The lack of space, the price, the thought of your car being at an unsafe, insecure lot. As a frequent...