|Pet Boxers, although low-maintenance, require your consistent attention, exercise, human interaction, consistent obedience training and lots of love. You cannot leave them to their own design for too long or they get lonely, bored and into trouble. |
Being a big and strong dog as well as a highly intelligent one, Boxers need both physical and mental stimulations to keep them even-tempered and dignified while still keeping their impish spirit and fearless courage in tact.
How to keep Boxer out of trouble
Their high prey drive (some owners called it play drive) needs proper outlets or they could get destructive as house pets, and tend to fight among themselves especially if the other family Boxers are of the same sex. The female, it seems, is more aggressive than the male.
Keeping Boxers busy is the best way to keep them out of trouble! Tire them out with long walks, 3 times a day. Give them plenty of exercise, play with them, especially the inquisitive puppies or they would tear up your home out of boredom, pent up energy and frustration.
For all your love and caring, be prepared for wet slobbery drool and kisses and love in return.
What some proud owners say about their pet Boxers:
* "Having a Boxer is like having another human in a dog body with you. You can talk to Boxers and they would understand. They demonstrate feelings just like human does. If they are loved, they will love and protect you."
* "Boxers are the most loyal companions. My Boxers bring me up when I am down. They are the canine clowns of the dog world. They are the only dogs for me."
* "They are a gift! The two I have are always smiling and they cheer me up when IŽm not too happy. They can be your friends for life!"
* "My Boxer can take up my moods or lay quietly by my feet for hours."
* "Boxers are so intuitive, so easily bored and heartbroken. They are the definition of devotion and courage."
* "If I treat my Boxer puppy as an intelligent animal and talk to him almost like he's human, he is more responsive and better behaved, as though he's picking up on my sentiments by the way I am speaking to him."
* "Boxers can be very manipulative. They are a lot smarter than they look! DonŽt get taken in by their innocent-looking face or let them walk all over you no matter how much their eyes make them look like they are truly sorry."
* "Give up being house-proud and enjoy your "devil dog". DonŽt have potted plants because youŽll end up with empty pots. DonŽt run to answer the phone because youŽll be rugby-tackled and end up flat on your face."
* "Bringing a puppy or even an older dog into your home and your life is a major decision. It brings with it responsibility and commitment, but it also renders supreme joy, laughter, and sadly, but inevitably, tears. Not one of us who has ever shared his life with a Boxer would have it any other way."
* "Boxer dogs think they are human. Treat them like one - love them, talk to them, cuddle them and value them and you will get your love back unconditionally 10,000 times."
Boxer Dog Information | Pictures - Boxer Dog Information, Puppy Articles, Dog Pictures, Dog Training Tips and Resources.
This article courtesy of http://www.1st-in-dogstuff.com
You may freely reprint this article on your website or in
your newsletter provided this courtesy notice and the author
name and URL remain intact.
All About Jazz!
Q. What is the difference between a pizza and a jazz musician?
A. A pizza can feed a family of four!
What is it about jazz that makes a jazz musician stick to a form of music that A&R managers have scientifically and suspiciously proven to...
Forget Dreams...Have Visions!
Do you still keep that all important 'Inner Spark Alive'? ...even 15 yrs later from college!
To me 4 steps lead to 'true arriving'. Our success domain can be summarized in 4 simple steps.
Step#1 : Dream With Totally Relaxed...
Winter Safety in the Mountains.
Snow-topped mountains look beautiful but they can be death-traps for the unprepared hiker or hill walker. Sadly, every year, people die and are badly injured whilst exploring these regions at this time of year.
Harsh weather conditions, bad...
Lawnmowers Hot Engines Starting Difficulties
Lawnmowers Hot Engines Starting Difficulties
Cold weather might be the most typical known problem relating lawnmowers starting...
Golf Putting Drill - No Peeping
In Putting there is definitely always room to improve, so take a look at the drill below and take some time to improve your feel and sense pace on the greens.
The short game is the most important area of your whole round. At least 70% of your...