One of the best ways to promote your website is by writing articles that you can post in e-zines, and sites that provide free content to e-zine publishers. This will help you develop credibility and, with time, build a solid customer base. There are a few things to take into account to maximize the effectiveness of this sometimes overlooked marketing technique:
- Your article should be short and to the point. It must act as a free sample that entices your reader to go to your website for more.
- To maximize its effectiveness, you should present it as a tip, a solution to a problem.
- Write in easy to understand ďlaymanísĒ terms.
- Whenever possible, write from personal experience. People love to hear other peopleís experiences (how did they do it?). This approach also tends to hold their attention longer.
- Be extra-careful to avoid spelling and grammatical errors. They will make you loose credibility.
- Donít make your article sound like a sales pitch; offer honest, value-adding advice.
- Donít include links to your affiliate programs in the body of your article. It will make your advice seem biased.
- Finally, donít forget the most important part: always include a resource box at the end of your article. A resource box is a small paragraph (no longer than six lines) with your name, the name of your business, a short tagline, and that all-important link to your website. If your readers like your article, they will follow your link and you will be getting instant, high quality traffic to your site.
Mario Sanchez publishes The Internet Digest (http://www.theinternetdigest.net) a website and newsletter that gives you free advice on web design and Internet marketing.
Marketing Articles: Getting A Better Search Engine Rank For All Of Your Pages!
In one of my articles, I discussed how to market your web site link twice. It detailed out how to promote not only www.yoursite.com but how you should also promote your site without the www., like this: http://yoursite.com .
This article is...
Need Article Ideas?
Writer's block...need I say more? Every writer experiences writer's block at one time or another. For a writer using the marketing with articles technique the block often starts with trying to generate a new article idea. There are many...
5 Ways To Get Other Websites To Link To Yours
In-bound links from other web sites to yours provide two avenues to success for your site.
First, the number of quality in-bound links pointing to your web site are a major factor that the search engines (including Google) use to rank web...
My Website Needed More Targeted Traffic. Guess Where I Found It?
Thereís nothing new about using joint ventures to get traffic to websites. And good information is freely available from many internet marketing sites on how to set up JVs.
This article is for the 97% of webmasters who arenít aware of a...
The Fatal Attraction of Online Marketers
Suppose you were offered 263 links coming into your website from 263 other websites all in one fell swoop. Everybody knows that the more inbound links you have, the higher you will rise in the search engine rankings.
Suppose further that...